The Quickest Route to Conception Starts with a Timely Diagnosis
At SIRM Las Vegas, we know that pinpointing the cause of your infertility is the first step in finding the best way to treat it. That’s why diagnostic procedures are so important; they provide valuable insight, allowing your physician to diagnose or eliminate several common causes of infertility.
Seeking the help of a Fertility Specialist should occur sooner rather than later if you think you may have some difficulty becoming pregnant, or if you are already having trouble conceiving.
How to Determine If You Need Diagnostic Procedures
Women and men who are actively trying to get pregnant and encountering issues should seek the help of an Infertility Specialist if they have been unsuccessful in conceiving naturally. Generally speaking, this means women 35 years of age and younger who have been having unprotected intercourse for a year, and those over 35 who have been trying for six months, should have their fertility, and that of their partner, assessed to determine where the problem lies.
Common Fertility Diagnostics
SIRM Las Vegas will work closely with you to design a course of treatment based on your unique needs. The results of thorough and timely diagnostics will help guide you both in this process. Common tests and procedures include:
- Blood Tests
- Measuring Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
– FSH is a gonadotropin that is released by the pituitary gland to stimulate the ovaries or testicles. An abnormal FSH reading indicates an irregular pattern of estrogen production during the first half of the menstrual cycle, which could lead to infertility or recurrent miscarriages.
- Measuring Luteinizing Hormone (LH)
– LH is a gonadotropin released by the pituitary gland to stimulate the ovaries and testicles. The detection of rapidly rising blood LH concentration can accurately determine the time of probable ovulation.
- Measuring Antimullerian Hormone (AMH) and Estradiol Level Combined with FSH
- BBT Charting (Basal Body Temperature)
- Transvaginal (Pelvic) Ultrasound Exam
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)
– A procedure used to assess the interior of the fallopian tubes and uterus; it involves injecting a dye into the uterus, via the vagina and cervix, and tracking the dye’s pathway using a series of X-rays.
– Often, a sonohysterogram will be performed with the HSG. A sonohysterogram uses ultrasound to examine the uterus.
– A procedure used to evaluate the interior of the uterus. A thin, telescope-like instrument is inserted into the uterine cavity via the vagina and cervical canal.
- Endometrial Biopsy
- Sclerotherapy for Ovarian Cysts (Endometriomas)
- Semen Analysis
Thorough & Timely Diagnostics should be on Everyone’s To Do List
Clearly, women and men who are encountering issues getting pregnant should seek a timely diagnosis at our Las Vegas fertility clinic. How about those who haven’t yet attempted pregnancy? Many young women are focused on education, travel, career…any number of things that may cause them to delay having children; and most probably don’t think about having fertility tests. The majority of young women have nothing to worry about. However, knowledge is power and knowing at 25 that you may face fertility issues when you’re 35 or 40 is key to planning for your future family.
Ready to speak with a Las Vegas fertility specialist about fertility testing and diagnostic procedures? Our doctors can help find the cause of your infertility and determine the right treatment option for you. SIRM Las Vegas is here to help you realize your dream of family. To schedule your appointment with one of our fertility experts call 702-892-9696.