2019 'VEGAS BABY' VIDEO PROJECT
Announcing the Return of SIRM’s Infertility Video Sharing Project! “Vegas Baby” (formerly called the “I Believe Project”) is a chance for you to win a free In Vitro Fertilization cycle by sharing the story of your infertility journey.
The purpose of this project is to create awareness, understanding, empathy, dialogue and connection around a devastating and heartbreaking disease that affects millions of women and men around the world.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Any individual or couple that has been diagnosed by a medical doctor with any form of infertility where IVF is an indicated or recommended method of treatment.
This includes both Primary Infertility (where a woman/couple does not have any children from current or past relationships) and Secondary Infertility (where a woman or couple has a child/children from current or prior relationships).
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE IVF CYCLE WILL BE PERFORMED AT SIRM FERTILITY CENTER IN LAS VEGAS AND THAT THE COST OF ANY REQUIRED TRAVEL AND ACCOMMODATIONS WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CYCLE RECIPIENT.
HOW TO ENTER
Create a video up to 3 minutes in length that details your infertility journey. Tell your story in any form or style that you like. All emotions are fair game – if you feel it, share it.
When your video is complete, upload it using the form below.
Max Length: 3:00 (3 minutes)
Formats Accepted: Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Facebook, Instagram
Screening of the videos will be done in 2 phases:
1. When you submit your video, we will upload it to a page on our website with a brief description, where it will be available for viewing. It will also be added to a voting/ballot page where you can send your friends, family and anyone else to register their vote for your video. Votes will be limited to one vote per IP address. (Yes, this means that you can vote from home and from work and from Starbucks and from McDonald’s, but since this applies to everyone that submits a video, we believe that this cancels out any advantage one person might have over another.)
2. At the end of the voting period (see schedule below), the top 10 videos (as determined by number of public votes) will be reviewed by a panel of infertility, educators and influencers activists (See their profiles here) and they will cast their votes to determine the recipient of the free IVF cycle.
SEE EXAMPLES OF PAST ENTRIES:
November 8, 2019: Video Submission and Voting Period Opens
December 6, 2019: Video Submission Closes and Voting Closes
December 10, 2019: Top Ten Videos (with the most votes) Announced; Panel of Experts Begin Final Round Review
December 17, 2019: Panel of Experts Votes Due
December 20, 2019: Winner(s) of Free IVF Cycle Announced
Other terms and conditions of the IVF giveaway are as follows:
- IVF Cycle recipient agrees to allow their name, video, likeness and other information to be used by SIRM Fertility Center on social media pages and the SIRM Las Vegas website.
- Cycle will be performed at SIRM Fertility Center in Las Vegas with Dr. Foulk. If patient must travel from outside of Las Vegas for the IVF cycle, any travel and accommodation related costs will be the soles responsibility of the patient.
- Cycle includes SIRM-provided services only – no third party services such as anesthesia are included.
- Medications are not included with the donated IVF treatment cycle.
- One entry per couple/family.
- Services are not transferrable to another party.
- Patients needing donor egg and/or gestational surrogacy with their IVF cycle are eligible to win, but all donor and/or surrogacy related charges are the financial responsibility of the patient.
- Diagnosis must indicate IVF as a recommended course of treatment as determined by the SIRM physician.
- Patient must abide by recommendations of SIRM physician regarding protocols and procedures.
- SIRM Fertility Center, Las Vegas reserves the right to amend the conditions at their discretion.
- If a patient who has already paid for any portion of an upcoming IVF cycle is selected as the winner of the free IVF treatment, any payment they have already made is not refundable, but they will be eligible for a free future cycle.