Egg Freezing and Fertility Preservation
SIRM Fertility Center, Las Vegas has recognized there are many reasons why patients may need to preserve their fertility. For some, it may be a focus on education and career delays and for others, it may be due to an illness. Although the decline in reproductive potential that occurs with age cannot be reversed, freezing your eggs at a younger age may allow the eggs to be preserved until you are ready to conceive. While there are no guarantees, using cryopreserved eggs may improve your chances for pregnancy in the future.
Reasons for Fertility Preservation
- Women who desire to start a family later in life
- Professionals and athletes with other personal goals who need to delay child bearing
- Medical reasons, including cancer treatment
- Additional personal reasons that have delayed family planning
Fertility Preservation Process
- Fertility preservation consultation
- Work-up and blood work
- Ovarian stimulation with fertility hormone injections (gonadotropins)
- Retrieval of oocytes (eggs)
- Egg or embryo freezing and storage
- When you are ready to attempt a pregnancy the eggs are thawed, fertilized and transferred into the uterus
At SIRM Fertility Center, Las Vegas, we take pride in providing the most compassionate and personalized reproductive care available. Request an appointment today at our Las Vegas fertility clinic!